"We want everyone to enjoy the holidays," said Chief Howell. "We all enjoy the lights but we want to do it safely."
Experts like Ed Carrington said electrical wiring in older homes can't withstand the over consumption newer technologies demand.
"It's going to all overheat," said Carrington."Go back into the wall and cause a tremendous heat hazard and something will catch on fire."
Overcrowded power strips with too many extension cords plugged in can overload, we've all seen it.
A serious problem made trivial in movies like christmas vacation, but something they warn is no laughing matter when translated to real life.