For most of us, growing older is almost always accompanied by weight gain in the form of fat.
More fat and less muscle leads to these problems:
- less metabolic activity and an increased risk of diabetes.
- weakness that affects gait and balance leading to falls.
- increased tension on joints causing osteoarthritis.
an increase in strength by 50% or more.
- improved gait and balance reducing fall risk
- improved metabolism
- stronger bones and less osteoporosis
- decreased risk of depression
- longer life expectancy