Many older people say their number one problem is constipation.
Constipation can be caused by:
- Inadequate fiber in the diet
- Overuse of laxatives and antidiarrheal.
- Inadequate hydration (dehydration)
- Lack of physical activity (especially in elderly)
- Changes in life or routine such as pregnancy, aging, and travel
- Ignoring the urge to have a bowel movement
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Mechanical obstruction of the colon and/or rectum
- Systemic diseases and other medical condition
Mix equal parts of flax seeds, sesame seeds, and peeled sunflower seeds.
Take 1 to 2 Tablespoons daily with cereal, yogurt, salads, or eat it plain.