A warning from the Arkansas Children's Hospital.
Doctors say, please be extra careful when allowing your children to take food out of the microwave.
7-year-old Jocelyn suffered first, second and third degree burns, after she took Ramen noodles out of the microwave and spilled the entire bowl on her leg.
Her mom says, "You wouldn't think three minutes of heating ramen noodles, would have done that kind of damage and had she known, she would have never allowed Jocelyn to do it herself."
"Don't do it, be very, very careful, eat them at the table and use mittens to take them out and don't let kids do it," said Christiana Parrish.
Microwave cooked food heats to the same temperature as food on the stove top, you would never give a stove top cooked product to a child to cook on their own," added Mandy Yelvington, Arkansas Children's Hospital Occupational Therapist.
Yelvington, added over the last few years 60 percent of scalding injuries have been kids up to five years old.