The Homecoming schedule includes a free All-Alumni pre-game tailgate party at the Cooper Alumni Center, recognition of ASU Distinguished Alumni at halftime of the football game, reunions, alumni speakers, and activities by academic organizations.
- On Friday, Oct. 12, the Beck PRIDE Center in the Donald W. Reynolds Center for Health Sciences in the College of Nursing & Health Professions will host a 5th Anniversary open house in the Reynolds Building, Room 171, from 2-4 p.m. For more information, contact the Beck PRIDE Center at (870) 972-2624.
- Friday evening at 7 p.m., the Alumni Association will sponsor a free outdoor concert adjacent to Liberty Bank Stadium on the ASU campus. The concert will feature American Idol contestant Lauren Gray of Hardy opening for the funky sound of The Ohio Players whose recordings of 'Fire' and 'Love Rollercoaster' were Number One hits in the '70s. Alumni, students and friends are invited to bring the family, lawn chairs, and picnic-style refreshments as they enjoy this retro-style concert which will be held rain or shine. For more information, contact ASU Alumni Relations at (870) 972-2586.
- The Strong-Turner Alumni Chapter (S-TAC), a chapter of the ASU Alumni Association focusing on African-American alumni and friends of the university, plans several Homecoming events. The S-TAC Friday Night Social will be held from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. at the Lexington Suites Hotel, 2909 Kazi Street, Jonesboro, sponsored by the S-TAC young alumni. For more information, contact the Strong-Turner Alumni Chapter at (870) 680-8259 or (870) 680-8214.
- On Saturday morning, Oct. 13, the College of Communications hosts an open house in the TV Studio and in the offices of The Herald, ASU's student newspaper, from 9-9:45 a.m. In the TV Studio at 10 a.m., the College of Communications alumni speaker will be 1982 graduate Barbara Nellis Townsend, who will discuss working in the motion picture industry. For more information, contact the College of Communications at (870) 972-2468.
- The Strong-Turner Alumni Chapter will hold a business meeting in the Cache River Room of the Carl R. Reng Student Union at 10 a.m. At noon, S-TAC will host the Linual Cameron Scholarship reception in the Student Union's Leadership Lounge.
- There will be several events on Saturday celebrating the 30th anniversary of the College of Nursing and Health Professions, including a continuing education program from 1-2 p.m. The panel discussion is titled "Evidence Based Practice: Promoting a Spirit of Inquiry," and features David Smith and Jeff Ramsey from Physical Therapy, Debbie Persell from Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management, and Jessica Camp from Nursing.
- There will be an open house "meet and greet" along with tours of the Donald W. Reynolds Center for Health Sciences from 2-3 p.m., and the CNHP distinguished alumni presentation will be held from 3-3:30 p.m. For more information, contact the College of Nursing and Health Professions at (870) 972-3074.
- On Saturday afternoon, the ASU Alumni Association will sponsor a free pre-game tailgate party at the Cooper Alumni Center from 4-5:30 p.m. All alumni, friends of the university and their families are invited for food and festivity. Sodexo Campus Dining will serve tailgate treats, there will be a fun photo booth, and a deejay will provide the music The Cooper Alumni Center is located just north of the Convocation Center at 2600 Alumni Boulevard on the ASU campus.
- A number of ASU colleges and organizations, including the College of Communications, College of Humanities & Social Sciences, College of Nursing & Health Professions, and the Honors College Association will sponsor pre-game tailgate parties at Tailgate City, west of Liberty Bank Stadium.
At halftime of the Homecoming football game, the Arkansas State University Alumni Association will honor three outstanding individuals in its 29th year of recognizing distinguished alumni. Since 1984, the ASU Alumni Association's board of directors annually selects Distinguished Alumni award recipients from nominations submitted by the public based on community service, professional achievement and service to ASU. This year's honorees are Niel Crowson and Beverly Nix of Jonesboro, and Howard Slinkard of Rogers.
Click here for more details about Homecoming 2012 and the most current schedule on the Alumni Association website.