1. Wash the potatoes and drain in a colander.
2. Take the potatoes and place them in a heavy gauged stainless steel pot topped off with cold water. Highly season the water with salt. Place on a medium to medium-high flame, bring to boil, lower to a simmer and cook until fork tender approximately 10 minutes.
3. Drain and lay out the potatoes on a cookie sheet until cool. Once cooled, cut the potatoes in half length-wise.
4. Place the potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil season with salt and pepper, toss until thoroughly coated.
5. Place on the grill cut side down, for about 2-3 minutes until lightly charred and then turn over to the skin side for an addition 2-3 minutes until the skin is lightly charred.
6. While the potatoes are grilling, take the butter and 3 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil in a stainless steel bowl and lightly warm that on the burner until the butter is lightly melted and the bowl is warm.
7. Remove the bowl from the flame and add the lemon juice, mix the ingredients together. Once the potatoes are done, place the potatoes in the bowl and coat with the butter-lemon-oil mixture, then sprinkle in the spice mix, parsley, cheese and lastly the sea salt.
For hot pepper mix
1. Combine the Aleppo pepper, oregano, fennel seeds, orange zest, mint, and basil in a mortar and pestle. Grind until well blended.
2. Set aside until ready to use.
© 2008 MSNBC Interactive