Berries & Hearts Salad
1 tablespoon of finely-chopped shallots
¼ teaspoon of fresh-chopped ginger
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of burgundy
2 tablespoons of raspberry vinegar
4 tablespoons of olive oil
¼ cup of sundried cranberries
freshly-ground black pepper to taste
1 heart Romaine lettuce
1 heart Bibb lettuce
½ head radicchio
3 artichoke hearts quartered
8 thin slices heart of palm (about ¼ inch)
¼ cup of raspberries
4 strawberries, sliced lengthwise heart shaped
1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts
To prepare the dressing:
1. Mix the shallots, ginger, salt, sugar, burgundy, vinegar and cranberries. Let stand in refrigerator for at least an hour.
2. Add oil gradually while whisking together.
To prepare the salad:
1. Break up Romaine and Bibb lettuce into a bowl. Cut the radicchio into pieces and toss with lettuce.
2. In a separate bowl add together the remaining ingredients and cover with dressing mix.
3. Serve immediately by placing the lettuce mix on a plate and spooning over the dressing mix.