That's according to the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office (PCSO), which says deputies were called to the scene on Linda Kay Drive in the Landmark community around 11:30 Monday morning.
The PCSO says the victim's son told them he thought his father had been running the generator all night and that he had warned him to be sure and leave the garage door open for ventilation.
Two Arch Street Fire Department firemen, the man's son and another person were taken to Little Rock hospitals to be checked for possible carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the incident report. Their conditions are not known.
The fire department tested the air in the home and found carbon monoxide levels were "dangerously high," the report said.