Tulane Hospital in New Orleans confirms a Little Rock man has died from a synthetic drug called 25-i.
The drug enforcement agency said Arkansas is not seeing 25-i on the streets here in our area.
But according to reports it was all around the Voodoo festival in New Orleans last weekend.
That's where 21-year-old Clayton Otwell is said to have been given one drop of the 25-i drug in his nose.
Agents say this is a new synthetic drug that causes you to hallucinate.
The drug is being linked to almost a dozen overdoses including teenagers.
The DEA says this stuff is nothing to play with, it's just like K-2, Spice and other bath salts.
And according to agents, those who sell them are only out for money.
"These people are driven by greed they will put any chemicals in it to sell it to you."
The packaging on 25-i has certain ingredients listed in it - but agents say that's certainly not what's really in 25 -i.