At Tuesday afternoon's board meeting, the WAC unveiled plans to add about 30-thousand square feet of space, hopefully by 2015.
The $20 million expansion project focuses on five areas:
- A larger lobby and plaza area out in front of the main entrance.
- An expansion and renovation of Starr Theatre, including its own dedicated entrance.
- Adding more room to backstage areas, providing more storage space, dressing rooms and even a catering kitchen for performers.
- Reconfiguring the rose garden.
- Expanding the WAC's administration offices.
The WAC Council unanimously endorsed the expansion plans.
Lane said the design plans are flexible, allowing the WAC to grow its Fayetteville campus no matter where the city decides to build a downtown parking deck.
"We can go lots of different ways, if the city chooses to put the parking deck across the street, terrific, if they choose to put it on the Walton Arts Center parking lot, that'll be great too," Lane said.