Encouraged by the excitement generated surrounding its comeback, Yarnell's wants to celebrate the day with central Arkansans at popular summer venues. Scoop, Yarnell's mascot, will make appearances to surprise fans with the treats.
The giveaways will take place as follows:
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Little Rock Zoo (1 Jonesboro Dr.)
- 2-3:30 p.m. Museum of Discovery (500 President Clinton Ave.)
Additional fun facts from International Dairy Foods Association:
- Nearly 9 percent of all the milk produced by U.S. dairy farmers is used to produce ice cream.
- Approximately 1.53 billion gallons of ice cream and related frozen desserts were produced in the United States in 2011.
- The central region of the United States led production of ice cream and related frozen products, producing 726 million gallons in 2011.\
- Vanilla remains the most popular flavor among American consumers, followed by chocolate, cookies and cream, strawberry, and chocolate chip mint.
- Each American consumes a yearly average of 23.2 quarts of ice cream and related frozen desserts.