Mother Nature hit Johnson County hard with wildfires caused by lightning strikes over the weekend.
But there was one fire on Friday that was started by what officials said was a faulty air conditioner.
Dorothy Shook, lives in Clarksville, she said she was in her home watching a Cardinals baseball game when she got a knock on her door, "And he said get out to my pickup!"
It was Shook's, friend.
"And I said why?! He said your house is on fire!"
Shook said she had no idea.
"And if it hadn't been for my neighbor, I probably would have burned up in the house."
That fire, was started by a faulty A-C, and burned almost a hundred acres and spread to two other homes.
Shook said, "It's the worst nightmare of my entire life."
While the fire started at Shook's home was an accident, Sheriff Jimmy Dorney say's, at the same time fire crews were battling those fires, they had to give out three citations for people starting brush fires.
"They were getting rain in other parts of the county, and folks just assumed hey it's going to be okay to burn."
Dorney said it's not okay and Johnson County is still under a burn ban.
Meanwhile, Shook says she is still devastated.
"I have cried till I don't have any more tears left Deedra, saddest thing that has ever happened to me."