According to the owner of B and B Auto on South Smith Street, the fire was caused by opening up an old paint can that was very hot, with a screw driver. The screw driver sparked on the can and started the fire.
The owner was the only one injured and went to the hospital for treatment.
Fire officials estimate the fire caused about 30-thousand dollars in damage to the shop.
The investigation is now closed.
Original story (July 6):
A man is hospitalized with burns after a fire Thursday inside an El Dorado auto shop.
It happened shortly after two o'clock in the afternoon at B and B Auto Detail and Sales on South Smith Street.
Fire officials say four people were inside the shop when the fire started.
"In a matter of about ten or fifteen seconds, the thing just went up in a holy smoke. He came running out, my boss. He had third degree burns on his belly. I was worried about his wife and his little baby in there so I didn't know what else to do. I tried to go in the building. I couldn't get in there so I had to get on the floor to avoid the heat and the smoke trying to pull them out to get them out of there before they got burned," explained one employee-turned-hero.
The exact cause of the fire isn't known but officials believe it could have been electrical.