Here are some things to keep in mind as you celebrate:
- If your pet does get burned, don't put any type of cream, ointment or butter on the burn since that can cause infection. Instead, just put cool water on the burn and call the vet if it's serious.
- A lot of dogs and cats get spooked by fireworks. So, it may be best to leave them indoors if you can, so they don't run off.
- If you have a picnic planned, remember some foods can be dangerous to your pets. Among them: Avocado, chives, chocolate, garlic, grapes, onions and raisins can be dangerous to your pets. If your pet does eat any of these, it's important to call the vet right away.