A large crowd was on hand for the opening remarks at the gathering.
Similar rallies were scheduled to take place at the same time in cities nationwide.
The purpose of the events is to take a stand for religious freedom and oppose government policies that harm it and set
dangerous precedents, such as the controversial HHS mandate on religious institutions.
Scheduled to speak in Little Rock are:
- State Senator Missy Irvin of Mountain Home (Master of Ceremonies)
- Most Rev. Anthony Taylor, Bishop, Catholic Diocese of Little Rock
- Mark Evans, Senior Pastor, The Church at Rock Creek
- Beth Anne Rankin, CEO, Beth Anne Productions, Inc.
- Jerry Cox, President, Family Council
Click here to learn more about the Stand Up for Religious Freedom Rally.