The first of two events will be a 55th birthday party for Trudy at the Great Ape Display.
The second event will be a farewell to Mosi, the zoo's 5 year-old gorilla, who has grown up there. He was the first gorilla ever born in Arkansas. Mosi is being moved because his father, Silverback has been getting too aggressive, which is their nature. Mosi will move into a group of young males to form a bachelor group at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago. Mosi's mom is pregnant again and expects her baby in October.
All the fun begins at 10:30AM and wraps up at 2PM.
Ice cream will be served during the ceremonies and there will be birthday gifts and farewell gifts
given to Trudy and Mosi.
Trudy's birthday wish list includes:
- Heavy duty plastic toys and trucks (ages 5 & under)
- Wading pools
- Crib toys
- Heavy duty rubber dog toys
- A kids portable DVD player
- Kids DVD's
- Gift cards for Home Depot or Lowe's (to buy materials for her play area)
- Lego duplos
- Dried fruit
- Unsalted nuts (shelled or in shell)
- Instant oatmeal
- Uncooked pasta
- Sugar-free jelly or fruit spread
- Fat free salad dressing
Mosi the Gorilla Headed to the Windy City