Bryce Allen, 47, appeared in court for the first time today in the case involving the death of fireman Donald Jones in March.
Allen will return to court in July after the evaluation has been performed.
He has yet to enter a plea in the case that has him jailed on a murder charge for Jones' death and attempted murder charges for injuring Jacksonville Fireman Engineer Jason Bowmaster and Police Officer Daniel DiMatteo.
Just last week, Allen was charged in a similar case in Columbus, Ohio. In that case, Allen is accused of injuring a hospital security guard in a hit-and-run last October
- Arkansas Man Jailed in Fireman's Killing is Person of Interest in Similar Ohio Incident
- Names Released of Firefighter Killed in Jacksonville Accident, Second One Injured
- Accused Killer Out on Conditional Release Program
- Man Charged in Jacksonville Fireman's Killing Had History of Mental Problems
- Jacksonville Firefighter Killed, 2 Hurt at Accident Scene, Driver Charged with Murder
- Firefighter "Brotherhood" Lends Support After Jacksonville Captain's Death
- Authorities Looking for Witness to Accident that Killed Firefighter