A fire apparently caused by food burning on a stove has taken the life of a University of Central Arkansas basketball player. Authorities say 22-year-old Aaron B. Mackey was killed when the fire consumed the oxygen in his apartment just outside Conway. Officials say they think the fire started Wednesday evening or early yesterday. Thursday. Faulkner County Coroner Patrick Moore said that, because the windows and doors were closed, the fire put itself out and did not spread. Mackey, of Little Rock, helped the Bears to a 20 and 10 record last season and a berth in the Gulf South Conference tournament. He averaged four points and 1.8 rebounds in his only season at Central Arkansas. Bears coach Rand Chappell said Mackey was popular among his teammates. He said Mackey`s cheerful attitude made him someone you enjoyed seeing on a daily basis.