Mold, mildew, and asbestos are common problems in some of Arkansas` oldest schools. With classes set to start in two weeks, the Glen Rose school district in hot spring county is taking action against those problems. News 4 Arkansas` Mike Hellgren took a closer look. The problem is in the district`s oldest school building, which has had problems with mold--and contains asbestos. Several concerned parents called us, but were uncomfortable talking on camera, so we went to the superintendent, who gave us a tour. We saw concrete flowing for the newest buildings on the Glen Rose school campus. They`ll sit by the original built in 1948. Some parents say it`s dangerous. "Long before I came here, we had parents complaining, especially with children with asthma... . The mold and mildew count in that building was a problem," says Superintendent Nathan Gills. The superintendent took us inside, to show us, that`s not the case right now thanks to new $460 air filters in each classroom. "Since we`ve had the new filters in there, I haven`t had anyone complaining." They`re also building drains outside. "It`s just outweathered its time. There are some water problems underneath it," Gills says The superintendent says asbestos siding outside, and tiles on the floor aren`t dangerous either. "We`ve had it checked out. There`s no fryable asbestos in the building," says Gills He says that`s the most dangerous kind. Four new elementary classrooms will be ready in December. "We were first late getting the plans completed. Then, construction as delayed the month of june," says Gills. So until Christmas, the old school will have to do, and the superintendent wants the parents of students who`ll fill the seven classrooms here to know he`s not playing games with their safety. If you have concerns about mold and mildew in your child`s school, Here`s a number to call--1-800-482-5400, extension 2833. The contact person is Shirley Louie. Exposure to mold can cause eye irritation, nasal stuffiness, and wheezing. The Health Department says some people never experience negative side effects from mold.