- Isolation - Seniors that live alone with a dwindling social circle because of deaths or relocation and decreased mobility due to illness or loss of driving privileges.
- Purpose - Feeling worthless due to lack of mobility, physical limitations or retirement.
- Health problems - Severe or chronic pain, illness and disability, cognitive decline, or damage to the body due to disease or surgery.
- Medications - Many prescription medications can cause depression.
- Anxiety - Fear of death or dying, financial stress / living on a fixed income, or issues with health.
- Loss of loved one - Losing a loved one, family member, spouse and pets can cause depression.
Causes of depression: