2/3 cup of sugar
1 small 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
¼ teaspoon of salt.
10 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and kept hot.
¼ cup of plus 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder(natural).
¼ cup of plus 2 tablespoons of milk.
1 heart shaped cutter or similar (approximately 2- 2½ inches in size).
Slightly sweetened whipped cream
Jam or berries
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the hot butter and cocoa powder until smooth.
3. Stir the egg and milk into the chocolate mixture. Pour the wet mixture over flour mixture. Fold through gently with a rubber spatula until all of flour mixture is moistened. Do not try to make a smooth dough.
4. Place the dough on sheet of wax paper and push into a rectangle of approximately 10-inch x 5-inch.
5. Chill the dough for about 15 minutes.
6. Cut out as many shapes as you can from the dough (this should be between 8 and 10). Transfer these to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake at 400F on the center shelf for about 12 minutes, or until the tops have dried and started to crack and the bases have started to color.
8. Serve with the cream and berries.