That's according to new statistics released today by the city's police department, comparing 2011 numbers to 2012.
Last year, violent crime dropped overall by 11.39-percent.
Breaking it down by crime categories, the figures are:
- Homicides down 10-percent
- Robberies fell 7.5-percent
- Aggravated assaults decreased 12.6-percent
- Overall crime in North Little Rock dropped 2.5-percent.
The North Little Rock Police Department would like to remind citizens:
- To report any suspicious activity in their neighborhoods.
- To not only lock vehicles but to remove all valuables. Over 90-percent of thefts from vehicles are a result of doors being left unlocked.
- To record serial numbers on all valuables within their home; including firearms, electronics, and other valuables.
For this to be effective, the NLRPD says community and the police department must work together to reduce crime.