The Federal Emergency Management Agency estimates 20,000 tons of debris are scattered throughout the city's seven wards.
Some homeowners in West Little Rock say the clean up is slow going but a necessary inconvenience.
"I think they are doing the best they can but it's not fast enough for a lot of people," said Dora Buczowski.
The city's Public Works Department estimates it has cleared out about 3,000 tons of debris. The massive effort, it has said, will likely take months, possibly until July.
The storm knocked out power to an estimated 200,000 households in businesses in the Natural State, downing power lines and trees.
Little Rock Public Works officials say they hoped to get a disaster relief declaration from FEMA last week. Now they say they are hoping to hear something in days.
On Tuesday afternoon, Gov. Mike Beebe announced he is sending a letter to President Barack Obama asking for disaster relief for seven Arkansas counties.
The combined total of the damage is estimated at $9 million, according to a news release from the Governor's office.