Here's the statement going out to parents this afternoon:
1. The call you just received is to assure you of your child's safety. It stated:
Hi, This is Becky Guthrie, Principal of MHS. Many parents and students have expressed anxiety concerning rumors about a possible threat to our children's safety this week. I want to assure you that we are aware of this situation. Students making any type of threat have been apprehended. We have worked with the police to ensure safety on our campus. We have added security/police all week on campus. We have been extremely proactive and aggressive in this matter. We will continue to be extremely aggressive and proactive in all matters of safety....because we love and value our children!
We, the administration, have our own personal children attending Maumelle schools. We have worked and will work diligently to ensure the safety of YOUR children as they were our own personal children.
Please do not hesitate to call the office if you have questions or concerns. Thank you and have a great day.
2. Safety is utmost important
3. Administration acted upon this concern immediately, proactively, and aggressively.
4. The Maumelle Police Department has commended our actions as being proactive and effective.
5. We are unable to provide any information concerning the student involved for confidentiality reasons.
6. Many rumors are being spread that are exaggerated and untrue. The phone call from Ms. Guthrie is to inform parents of the truth and our response to this situation.
7. Added security/police are on campus this week to ensure safety and assist in relieve student anxiety.
If parent is still concerned, have them leave their name and number.