Central Arkansas Development Council wrapped up the first of two mass utility intake days for Pulaski County residents at one o'clock this afternoon at the State Fairgrounds.
They will do it again tomorrow at the same location from 9AM to 1PM. Only the first 600 customers will be served, and they must qualify as follows:
- Eligible households must meet income guidelines and furnish proof of all household income for the month prior to applying.
- For a household of 1, monthly countable income is $1,462. Countable income includes check stubs, child support, unemployment, housing utility assistance, SSI, SSA, TEA, VAS and retirement benefits.
- To qualify for Crisis LIHEAP, applicants MUST have a disconnect notice with a disconnect date within 7 days of the application date.
- Monday thru Wednesday (beginning July 16), 8 am until Noon at the Arkansas Workforce Center of Little Rock, 5401 South University. Call 501-603-0909 for more information.
- Thursdays Only (beginning July 18), 8 am until Noon at the Arkansas Workforce Center of Jacksonville, #2 Crestview Plaza. Call 501-603-0909 for more information.
Click here for more information on applications in those counties or call (501) 778-1133.
All households receiving food stamps are potentially eligible to receive this assistance; however, the program is not limited to food stamp recipients.
Persons, including elderly and disabled who previously received LIHEAP forms in the mail do not need to attend LIHEAP Mass Application Days. Applications should be returned to the CADC office completely filled.
To apply for assistance, the household should bring proof of income for all household members 18 years or older for the previous month, proof of child support, proof of unemployment for all household members age 18 and older, proof of social security, retirement, pensions, workman's comp or disability, proof of utility allowance and if no income, proof of how bills are being paid. Social security numbers and birthdates for all household members are required. Failure to provide verification requested may result in delay or denial of assistance. Allow agency 35 days to make payment.
For more information, call your local CADC office (click here for phone numbers).