The Ohio incident happened last October, leaving the guard with minor injuries.
According to nbc4i.com, Bryce Allen, 47, was charged in the Ohio case after police detectives came to Arkansas as part of their investigation into the vehicle associated with the hit-and-run case.
That vehicle, a 2000 Cadillac was reportedly traced to Allen.
Allen is now charged with felonious assault and tampering with evidence in the Ohio incident.
*Allen is jailed on a murder charge in the death of Jacksonville Fire Department Captain Donald Jones. He's also charged with attempted murder for injuring two others at that accident scene, Fireman Engineer Jason Bowmaster and Police Officer Daniel DiMatteo..
- Arkansas Man Jailed in Fireman's Killing is Person of Interest in Similar Ohio Incident
- Names Released of Firefighter Killed in Jacksonville Accident, Second One Injured
- Accused Killer Out on Conditional Release Program
- Man Charged in Jacksonville Fireman's Killing Had History of Mental Problems
- Jacksonville Firefighter Killed, 2 Hurt at Accident Scene, Driver Charged with Murder
- Firefighter "Brotherhood" Lends Support After Jacksonville Captain's Death
- Authorities Looking for Witness to Accident that Killed Firefighter