A Jacksonville police officer injured on the job earlier this week is reported to be doing well after having surgery today.
Daniel DiMatteo was critically injured Tuesday morning while on an accident scene along Highway 161 South.
Officer DiMatteo was hit by a van that struck two Jacksonville firemen, killing one of them.
Bryce Allen, 47, the man who was driving the van, is in jail charged with murder and attempted murder in the incident. Police say he intentionally hit the men.
- Names Released of Firefighter Killed in Jacksonville Accident, Second One Injured
- Funeral Set for Jacksonville Firefighter Killed Working Wreck
- Jacksonville Firefighter Killed, 2 Hurt at Accident Scene, Driver Charged with Murder
- Firefighter "Brotherhood" Lends Support After Jacksonville Captain's Death
- Authorities Looking for Witness to Accident that Killed Firefighter