Several businesses were hit by the storm, but a quick recovery is underway and it's nearly business as usual for the Live Music Show Capital of the World. See the list of affected locations below.
"We are extremely thankful that there was no reported loss of life due to the tornado that struck Branson on the morning of February 29, and our thoughts and prayers go out to those families who did lose loved ones as a result of this large storm system that affected much of the Midwest," said City Administrator Dean Kruithof.
The majority of the storm damage centered around the Historic Downtown area, Branson Landing and a section of W 76 Country Boulevard west of Gretna Road/Hwy 165.
The Branson Airport was unaffected by the storms, and flights are departing and arriving with no delays.
Major attractions such as Silver Dollar City, Sight and Sound Theatre, and Showboat Branson Belle (closed during the first quarter of the year), had no damage. The TITANIC Museum Attraction, Tanger Outlet Mall, numerous theatres, attractions, restaurants and retail stores also escaped damage and remain open and are welcoming visitors.
There are currently very few road closures in the Branson area due to storm damage. Portions of Country Music Highway 76 are restricted due to recovery efforts.
A handful of the more than 50 theatres in Branson, several of the city's more than 100 attractions and another 12 to 15 of the more than 200 hotels have significant damage that's still being assessed by city inspection crews.
Hours after the storm, Missouri Governor Jay Nixon declared Taney County a disaster area, which will enable local business owners that have been affected by the storms to seek federal and state help with recovery efforts.
Individuals and groups interested in volunteering or providing assistance to the recovery effort can visit VolunteerBranson.org.
Branson has not been routinely affected by tornadoes in the past. Only twice in the last 20 years has the city been struck by tornadoes, neither time with significant damage.
Locations with recovery operations underway:
- Angel Inn is closed pending repairs
- Blue Bayou Hotel is closed pending repairs
- Hall of Fame Motel is closed pending repairs
- Grand Oaks Hotel is closed pending repairs
- Hilton Convention Center Hotel is closed pending repairs
- Ria Motor Inn is closed pending repairs
- Ramada Inn is closed pending repairs
- Riverboat Inn is closed pending repairs
- The Branson Variety Theater is closed pending repairs, affecting current shows for the Twelve Irish Tenors and Four Seasons/Beach Boys Tribute shows
- The Baldknobbers Jamboree opening night is postponed to Thursday March 8 at 8pm. Phones and box office will be open 9am to 4pm Monday through Friday
- The Americana Theatre is closed pending repairs
- The Icon Theatre is closed pending repairs
- The Track #4 Location for the Track Family Fun Parks is closed pending repairs
- Branson Auto Museum is closed pending repairs
- Branson Veterans Museum is closed pending repairs
- Branson Landing's Restaurants are closed pending the reopening of the Branson Landing Promenade
- The Burger Shack on Hwy 76 is closed pending repairs
- Candlestick Inn is closed pending repairs
- Charlie's Steak Ribs and Ale is closed pending repair
- Level 2 / Clear at Hilton Convention Center is closed pending repair
- Mazzio's Pizza is closed pending repair
- Montana Mikes on Hwy 76 is closed pending repair
- Shoney's on Hwy 76 is closed pending repair
- Taco Bell on Hwy 76 is closed pending repair
- Time-Outs Sports Bar is closed pending repairs
- The First Baptist Church Branson Learning Center may remained closed today
- Branson Mall is closed pending repairs
- Jubilee Foods is closed pending repairs
- Walmart on Hwy 76 is closed pending repairs
- 76 Tire and Auto is closed pending repairs