- American Legion is an advocate organization that will work on behalf of veterans and their families to obtain benefits. There are local and state offices.
Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs
-Service officers can help explain the process, check which documents, forms and evidence you might need for your claim. Service officers also represent veterans in the appeals process.
- County Service Officers can help you with your claims process, having been trained by the State VA but available locally in your own county so you don't have to travel to Little Rock for assistance.
Disabled American Veterans
-Operates a National Service Officer (NSO) program charged with this mission statement:
NSOs function as attorneys-in-fact, assisting veterans and their families in filing claims for VA disability compensation and pension; vocational rehabilitation and employment; education; home loan guaranty; life insurance; death benefits; health care and much more. They provide free services, such as information seminars, counseling and community outreach. NSOs also represent veterans and active duty military personnel before Discharge Review Boards, Boards for Correction of Military Records, Physical Evaluation Boards and other official panels.
Arkansas Vet Centers
-If you are left waiting in the claims process, Vet Centers can provide you counseling and other free services while you wait for benefits to be approved.
Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Provide available assistance to ALL Veterans, their dependents, widows and orphans.
- Process veterans' claims for compensation, pension, medical care, education, job training, employment, veterans preference, housing, death, and burial benefits.
- Serve on President's Committee for employment of people with disabilities.
- Assist in identifying and helping homeless veterans.
-Veterans with spinal cord injury, as well as other veterans needing assistance with VA benefits, entitlements, medical care and other benefits, often rely on PVA's Veterans Benefits Department (VBD).
Veterans of Foreign Wars
You served your country honorably and you know what making sacrifices entails. Now, it's time to get the benefits you've earned and the support only other veterans can offer.
We know how many questions you must have. From service-related medical issues, and VA claims to educational benefits. We're dedicated to providing you with the answers you deserve!
2200 Fort Roots Drive, Building 65
North Little Rock, AR 72114-1756
201 W. Broadway St. Suite A
North Little Rock, AR 72114
Phone: 501-324-6395 Or 877-927-8387