CenterPoint Energy's programs include rebates for efficient space and water heating, free energy saving showerheads and incentives for efficient boilers, boiler components and food service equipment. In addition, commercial customers can receive custom rebates for projects that reduce natural gas usage and positively impact the bottom line.
In 2012, residential and commercial customers can utilize rebates up to $600 per furnace or space heating system and up to $500 for efficient water heating systems - double the amount of 2011 rebates. Commercial customers can receive incentives up to $1,000 for efficient food service equipment and significant rebates for boilers and boiler components.
"Customer's could reduce their natural gas bill by up to 20 percent with the installation of a high-efficiency water heater, high-efficiency heating system and low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators," said Monica Beard-Raymond, manager of conservation programs for Arkansas customers. "We hope these substantially increased rebate amounts make it even easier for customers to make energy-saving improvements. The reduction in energy use not only helps the customer's wallet, but the environment as well."
- Heating System Rebates -CenterPoint Energy is offering rebates up to $600 for high-efficiency furnaces and up to $175 for back-up heating with efficient forced air furnaces. More efficient furnaces can save almost $100 a year on a customer's utility bill. If a furnace is more than 15 years old, it may be time for a replacement.
- Water Heater Rebates - CenterPoint Energy customers can receive a $75 rebate for efficient natural gas storage systems and $500 on natural gas tankless systems. After a home's air conditioning and heating system, water heating is the second largest energy user and energy expenditure in the home. By replacing inefficient water heaters with efficient gas storage heaters or gas tankless systems, depending on operating conditions, a household can save $61 to $115 a year on utility bills.
- Free Energy Saving Showerheads and Faucet Aerators- CenterPoint Energy customers can save money, energy and water at no cost. CenterPoint Energy offers customers up to three free energy saving showerheads and faucet aerators.Using just one energy saving showerhead and one faucet aerator can reduce the average family's hot water use by more than 3,000 gallons in a single year.
- Boiler and Boiler Component Rebates - Energy efficient boilers provide long-term savings on energy bills. CenterPoint Energy rebates can provide thousands of dollars towards boilers that are 85% or more efficient. Rebates are also available for boiler components such as modulating boiler burners, vent dampers and controls.
- Food Service Rebates - From boilers to fryers, CenterPoint Energy offers rebates up to $1,000 for a wide variety of food service equipment. Equipment upgrades can help restaurants, cafeterias and schools increase quality, save time and reduce energy costs.
- Commercial and Industrial Solutions Program - Commercial facilities often have complex energy issues and untapped opportunities for energy savings. CenterPoint Energy's Commercial Solutions Program offers financial incentives along with technical and consulting assistance to help commercial customers identify and implement energy efficiency projects that reduce gas use at their sites. The program also offers free direct installation of low-flow devices that save on water and sewer costs as well as energy to qualifying customers.
Click here to learn more.