Before I get to the weekly fishing forecast, the river report right now is the flow's gonna be about 180,000 - 189,000. It's going to do that all the way through Memorial Day so be careful if you're out there.
Let's get to the fishing forecast. This is a three day weekend for a lot of you. I've got a lot to go over so let's get right down to it.
- If you got trout fishing in mind, go to Little Red River. The browns and rainbows are real good. When the water's up, throw a rapala; when the water's down throw a wax worm or a power bait.
- Matter of fact, all of the lakes right now are coming up so the clarity's off and on but Lake Ouachita right now, if it's windy, throw a spinner bait. If not, throw a crankbait and you'll do good.
- Lake Maumelle: the top water action's pretty good with the popper. Later on in the day, throw a jig with some rocks, you're gonna catch you some good Kentuckys.
- Lake Hamilton: they're catching some stripers right now on live shad, 20- to 45-foot. They're catching a lot of good ones so try to get out there if you can.
- Lake Conway: right now the crappie around the cyprus trees, use minnows if you can get a hold of pink minnows, they're working really well.
Finally, the lucky winner in our contest to fish with Big Sarge is gonna be Donna Derring from Bryant. Good luck, Donna. Great fishing!
Hey, y'all have fun this weekend. This is Big Sarge. I'll see you next week!
Click here to see Saturday's fishing forecast.
Click here to visit Big Sarge's Facebook page.