After a 15-year-old Arkansas girl suffered third degree electrical burns around her neck they want to make sure that doesn't happens to anyone else.
The girl's necklace caught around the prongs of her iPhone charger.
At Staley Incorporated in Little Rock they consider their work to be slightly on the dangerous side.
General Manger, Robert Bolin said, "There's so many possibilities for death to occur being around electricity."
Make that very dangerous.
Director of Safety, John David added, 'I've been in this industry for 17 years and it's a very real danger."
John David's top priority is keeping his people alive.
He remarked, "It's all about safe habits."
When he heard the 15-year-old was shocked after her necklace caught around the prongs of her phone charger he's stressing ways to prevent that.
"It's the freak accidents that happen that wake us up."
Bolin is around the danger every day but says the simplest devices in your home can be more dangerous than what they do day-to-day.
Bolin said, "They are more likely to get killed than we are working on a big power plant somewhere."
Which is why they both say this teen was actually lucky that day.
Practicing those safe habits along with a few things to help out like an arc fault device could have kept this girl from her severe injuries and can make sure your safety is nice and secure.
If you have any concerns about your home's safety, Staley Inc. does house calls.