The Neal family Pine Bluff lost everything in a fire in December, but that was just one of multiple tragedies that turned their lives upside down. Now photos of the charred remains of their home are nearly all that remain after a propane tank exploded with the entire family inside.
"I have used this thing for years. That particular morning it just blew up in my face," says Alesha Neal.
Neal says the family had been home for about a month after spending months in the hospital with their daughter Airmeair. Neal says the 15-year-old loved to sing before she nearly drowned on a family vacation in June 2012.
"She was at the bottom of the pool after we got her out she wasn't breathing," says Neal.
The incident left her with severe brain damage. While in the hospital with Airmiear, their 13 year old daughter Hylean had a seizure.
"She was my special baby from birth," Neal explains.
Hylean passed away in the same hospital.
"The pain was unbearable," she says.
When the family finally made it home, ready to move on and take care Airmeair, the stove exploded, and the little normalcy they had left went up in flames.
"My backside, my arms are burned up to here," Neal says, pointing to her injuries.
Despite everything she's lost, Alesha says the one thing she's been able to hold to that will carry her through is faith in God.
"No matter what you go through He will bring you through," she says.
The fire left Alesha Neal with substantial burns, her daughter also suffered burns but the family survived and she says that's what they're most grateful for.
Nurses and community members have been so inspired by the family's fighting spirit, they've set up the following fund to help the family get back on their feet:
Neal Family Fund
Simmons First National Bank